The present Briefing Note describes the types of date we process, the way and purpose we collect and process your data, the situations in which we transfer and/or reveal personal data and the different rights and options you have available in regards to your personal data during the online Events / Webinars we organize through the ZOOM platform – for more details, visit: https://zoom.us/.
If you do not want BIA to process your personal data we advise you not to register for our online events.
WHO PROCESSES YOUR PERSONAL DATA
BIA HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT SERVICES SRL, a Romanian company with its registered office in Bucharest, Horia Macelariu steet, no. 61 – 81, 1st floor, sector 1, registered at the Trade Register in Bucharest under no J40/7707/2005, fiscal code 17521526, called “BIA” or “Organizer” in the rest of the document will be processing your personal data
CATEGOERIES OF DATA WE PROCESS
BIA collects and processed personal data that regard you and to which you give us access by registering to one of the online events we organize.
During the registration process, we process the following personal data: name and surname, email, phone number, residence (when signing up as an individual) and the company you work for in cases where your employer will pe paying for your participation to the event, CUI and company registration number along with its registered office address. Any other type of information you share with us that isn’t necessary will be erased where possible.
If the company your work for registers you to one of the BIA online Events, your company will share with us your personal data. If you do not want to participate and/or you do not want BIA to process your personal data, please contact your employer immediately.
Also, BIA online Events will be organized using the ZOOM platform made available by Zoom Video Communications Inc. For more details about ZOOM confidentiality policies and the way ZOOM processed your personal data, please access https://zoom.us/docs/en-us/privacy-and-security.html. If you do not agree with ZOOM policies we advise you not to register to BIA organized Events.
HOW WE BIA COLELCTS YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We collect your personal data when:
- Registering for one of our online Events through the ww.bia.ro website;
- When your employer registers you for one of our online Events;
LEGAL GROUNDS FOR PROCESSING PERSONAL DATA
Any operations that represents a processing, according to the law, (like and not limited to collecting, storing, registering, structuring, adapting or modifying, extracting, consulting, utilizing, disclosing through transmission, destruction) of your personal data will be done based on legal grounds listed below:
- Processing is necessary in order to fulfil contractual obligation according to art. 6, paragraph (1) lit. b) of GDPR;
- Processing is necessary in order to fulfil contractual obligation according to art. 6, paragraph (1) lit. c) of GDPR,
- Processing is made based on your agreement, according to art. 6 paragraph (1) lit. a) of GDPR.
THE PURPOSES FOR WHICH WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We might use your personal data for the following purposes:
- Regoster and confirm registration to online Event;
- Issuing event tax invoice;
- Allowing access to participate in the Event you registered for;
- Analysing and improving our services and communication with you;
- To monitor and evaluate according to our policies and standards;
- To any related or additional purpose to any of the above purposes for which you have shared your personal data.
In the cases where you have specifically agreed to us processing your personal data, we might process your personal data for the following purposes:
- Communicating with you through the channels you agreed to in order to keep you informed about BIA, ads and other information related to BIA services and products along with events and projects (direct marketing);
We will not use your personal data to make automated decisions that affect you or create other profiles than the ones described above.
You can choose to withdraw consent for marketing materials at any moment, by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may share your personal data in the following situations:
In case you’ve registered for one of our online Events. Normally, BIA doesn’t share your personal data with any other entity within and outside of the country.
We may share your personal data with BIA mandated persons, especially contractors hired by BIA in order to process personal data in the above-mentioned purposes, in our name and only according to our instructions.
BIA will retain your personal data and will take necessary measures according to applicable law to ensure integrity and security of your personal data when requesting the services of service providers;
We will also share personal data with courts, law enforcing authorities, regulatory authorities, lawyers or other persons legally allowed access to personal data in order to ascertain, exercise or defend a legal right in court or a natural right, or during a process of alternatively and confidentially solving differences.
Also, BIA reserves the right to transfer your personal data in case or reorganizing and/or transfer of its patrimony or parts of its patrimony to third parties while abiding by all legal requirements regarding processing personal data.
Otherwise, we will share your personal data only according to your instructions or permission, whenever legally required by applicable law or regulation or requested by legal or official authorities to do so or otherwise required for investigating illegal or fraudulent activities.
Your personal data will not be transferred to third parties or partners for direct marketing purposes. For the way the ZOOM platform uses and stores your personal data shared in order to participate in the online Events, please access https://zoom.us/docs/en-us/privacy-and-security.html.
STORING PERSONAL DATA
Your persona data may be stored on our personal data technology systems, those of our contractors or in print form. We have adopted all necessary measures both concerning persons interacting with your personal data and the physical spaces where your date is being processed to ensure that processing is being done in a safe and confidential way and that unauthorized access or data loss is being prevented.
UPDATING PERSONAL DATA
In case the data you have provided changes (name, surname, email) or if any of the data shared is incorrect, you can update our records by emailing us at email@example.com.
HOW LONG WE WILL KEEP YOU PERSONAL DATA
BIA has taken technical and administrative measures to organize the process and criteria necessary to erase or eliminate your personal data. Your personal data will be erased or eliminated when they are no longer necessary to the fulfilment of the purpose that they have been collected for or when you request us delete them by exercising your right to be forgotten and when BIA is no longer legally obligated to store that data. However, we will keep your personal data when they are necessary in order for BIA to exercise or defend a right in your name or in the name another person in court, until the end of the relevant retention period or until these actions are resolved in court.
Personal data processed in order for you to register to any of the BIA online events will be stored for a period of 3 months.
Personal data processed in order for you to register to any of the BIA online payed events will be stored for a period of 3 years.
If you would like to know who BIA processed your personal data, please send us a request at firstname.lastname@example.org.
YOUR RIGHTS REGARDING PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Under certain legal conditions, you have the following right:
- The right to request access to your personal data. You have the right to obtain a confirmation from BIA that the company is or isn’t processing personal data that concern you and, in the case they do, you can gain access to that data and to the following information: the type of data we process, the purpose of the processing, if data has been shared with third parties and who these are along with the duration of the data storing. We will also inform you of your rights regarding your personal data – as detailed in this document also. You are entitled to receiving a free copy of the stored personal data in question. For more copies, we reserve the right to ask for a fee. If you request this data to be sent to you electronically, it will be sent in the format currently used by us, except for the situation where you required a different format.
- The right to ask BIA to rectify data. You can request rectification of incomplete or incorrect data, with no unjustified delays.
- The right to request data deletion. You can ask BIA to erase, with no unjustified delays, personal data that concern you and BIA has the obligation to delete personal data that concern you for any of the following reasons:
– Personal data aren’t necessary to fulfil the purposes they were collected or processed for
– You exercise your right to oppose, in the conditions described under the opposition right and in the absence of rightful reasons that can take prevalence in processing
– You exercise your opposition rights related to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing
– In case your personal data has been illegally processed
– Your personal data need to be erased in order to fulfil legal obligations of the data processor in accordance with national or European law.
- The right to ask BIA to restrict processing. You have the right to ask us to restrict processing of your personal data in the following situations:
– If contesting that the processed data are correct – for a time frame that allows us to verify the data
– If the processing is illegal and you haven’t exercised your right to have your data deleted – you can ask for your data processing to be restricted
– If the operator no longer needs your personal data for processing purposes but you require them in order to exercise or defend a right in court
– In case you have opposed processing during the time needed to verify of the operator’s right take prevalence over the right of the person in question
– In case you have obtained restriction of processing, we will inform you before lifting the restriction.
- The right to opposition. You can, at any time and for reasons related to your specific situation, oppose processing of your personal data. We will stop processing your data unless that is utterly and rightfully necessary – we will need to prove that the processing is justified and that it takes prevalence to your interest and liberties. We will also need to prove that the purpose of the processing is to establish, exercise or defend a right in court.
You also have the right to oppose processing at any time, when the purpose of the processing is direct marketing, including creation of profiles when that is related to direct marketing.
When you oppose processing, in the above-mentioned conditions, your personal data will no longer be processed.
The above-mentioned right can be exercised though a written request, addressed to BIA at email@example.com. We might ask you to provide proof of identity through a copy of a valid legal document so that we are able to conform with security obligations and prevent unauthorized disclosure of data.
We will consider all requests and complaints submitted and will reply as fast as possible. If you are not satisfied with our answer, you have the right to submit a complaint to the National Supervisory Authority for Personal Data Processing.
We assure you that your data is being processed according to the law, in conditions of high security and confidentiality. We have taken all necessary measures, both internally and in relation to our partners. We ask our partners to fulfil the same security and confidentiality conditions in working with your personal data. In case where, based on your consent, we share your personal data with third parties, we ask them to fulfil legal requirements related to the processing of personal data.
if you would like to contact us related to any question you might have about our confidentiality policy or about how we process your personal data, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org